Removal good/ Household goods refers to home appliances and other possesions belonging to the person who originally lives abroad but later moves to Indonesia.
Import duty exemption
Removal goods are exempted from import duty.
The provision on exemption of import duty does not apply to removal goods categorized as merchandise goods or vehicle.
The exemption from import duty as described shall be granted to:
- Civil servants, members of the Indonesian National Army, or members of the Police of the Republic of Indonesia with the criteria below:
- on overseas assignment for at least one (1) year, with or without family, as evidenced by surat keputusan penempatan ke luar negeri (decision letter on overseas placement) and surat keputusan penarikan kembali ke Indonesia (decision letter on recall to Indonesia) from related institutes;
- studying abroad for at least one (1) year, with or without family, as evidenced by surat keterangan belajar di luar negeri (statement letter on studying abroad) from the related institutes;
- Pupil, student, or person studying aboard for at least one (1) year as evidenced by surat keterangan telah selesai belajar (statement letter on study completion).
- Indonesian worker assigned at the Indonesian representative overseas for at least one (1) year continuously, based on work contract with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs as evidenced by statement letter from the representative of the Republic of Indonesia where the worker placed and work contract letter from Ministry of foreign Affair.
- Indonesian citizen, due to his occupation, moves and stay abroad for at least one (1) year continuously, as evidenced by statement letter of movement and details of the goods as legalized by the representative of the Republic of Indonesia in the country concerned.
- Foreign citizen, due to his occupation, moves to the Indonesian customs area with his family after having obtained:
- izin menetap sementara (temporary stay permit) from the Directorate General of Immigration as evidenced by kartu izin menetap sementara (KIMS) ,Temporary Stay Permit Card, for at least one (1) year; and
- izin kerja sementara (temporary work permit) from the institutes that handles manpower as evidenced by kartu izin kerja tenaga asing sementara (Temporary Foreign Working Permit Card) for at least one (1) year.
Removal good Requirements
Facilities granted to removal good in the form of exemption from import duty, shall arrive together with the owner within at least 3 (three) months after or before the owner of the goods arrives in Indonesia.
To obtain exemption from import duty on Removal good as described, the goods owner or his attorney shall submit document; PIBK ( custom declaration of specific imported good) to the customs office where the removal good are imported by attaching:
- detailed list of the number, type and estimated customs value of the goods requested for exemption from import duty that has been signed legalized;
- statement letter and/or related document as described; and
- photocopy of passport.
- other required documents for import duty exemption